Re: 20.8 KM Nürburgring in 6 Min 55 Sec + Video

Ahhh....so I was a little optimistic in my estimate. 600kg = ~1300lbs.

 Still, damn cool! And I bet the engine will last longer than 2 50min races. :)

----- Original Message ----
From: Dan Bubb <dan.bubb@gmail.com>
To: "nocones77-vw@yahoo.com" <nocones77-vw@yahoo.com>
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 11:00:48
Subject: Re: 20.8 KM N?rburgring in 6 Min 55 Sec + Video

I've been reading about this for awhile. As you say, basically two
Hyabusa engine on a common crankcase. But, for this application the
tranny is seperate from the engine crankcase (i.e. not a motorcycle
configuration). The tranny is a transverse setup and is a custom
design by Quaife.
Weights on the Radical website are 36.3 Kg for the tranny and 92.6 for
the engine.
Pretty sweet although a little short of the 720 Hp the new 2.4L
Formula 1 V8's ;^)
BTW, car weight is only 600Kg!!

Dan