From: <nocones77-vw@yahoo.com>
To: Spewey <spewey@comcast.net>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Most power in an A1?
<raises hand>

Only just installed Eric's crossmember brace this summer...had it sitting in
the garage for nearly a year (sorry Eric!). Welding additional supports on
the chassis is illegal in my class. All the structural sheetmetal is stock.

As a former '88 16v owner and someone who has cut sheetmetal on several
different Sciroccos, I personally believe the crossmember problem is mostly
limited to the change in sheet metal alloy somewhere around '85, and unless
my lurker status means that I missed something (entirely possible) that the
crossmember brace seems to be working for people...

Neal
'77 Scirocco