Interesting email from Cox Communications

Recommendations:
Firewall: sygate personal firewall (the non-pro version is free):
http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
Anti spyware: microsoft antispyware (free):

Software firewall is vital to find programs on your own pc which may be
unauthorized / and accessing the net.
I've found the norton 2005 stuff lags systems too much to bear, even with
auto-protect disabled.
Also, lock down your router. You don't have to go crazy with access keys and
encryption. I recommend mac authorization, allowing only the mac addresses of
allowed systems to access your router.

HTH
Al