I'm so pumped! It runs...But why is the distributor THERE? (sorta long)

CONGRATS!!

Sounds like the position of the rotor is a bit off, requiring you to
compensate with the distro. housing.  Try reindexing the rotor shaft.

Good luck!

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
95 Passat GLX
Second Owner

Came home today, went out and tested the fuel spray just to make sure
and rotated the distro a little. Turned the key and I finally got a pop!
I was rejuvenated!  Many more trials netted a decently running setup,
but it won't idle (and I have no timing light). The hall sender plug is
virtually pinned to the transaxle side of the engine block though (any
ideas)?