WOT: Motorcycle version of Scirocco...

On 10/16/05, Eric S <scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com> wrote:

> Ok, so, you like the sport bike look, and prefer a fairing...

Good suggestions Eric.  I would add the Kawasaki EX500.  It's cheap,
sporty, light, and comfortable (more upright riding position than
crotch rockets).  I think it's the perfect first bike...

I should have started with something similar, but when the chance to
pick up one of my (then) dream bikes came up I snagged it.  It was a
Yamaha RZ500 - inline 4 cylinder, 2 stroke.  It was a souped up,
stripped down race bike (I had to add signals and rear plate
holder/fender dealie).  In hindsight it wasn't the best choice for a
first bike - the throttle was more like an on/off switch at high rpms,
but that 2 stroke powerband was soooooooooo sweet...

I learned a lot riding that crazy machine, but it really was a stupid
choice for a first bike.  One piece of advice I usually pass along to
anyone starting out on a bike is to NEVER ride when you're pissed off.
 The only time I *almost* laid it down was after a roadside argument
with my girlfriend, when I peeled away in a rage and experienced a
nasty tank-slapper, couldn't stop, and ended up t-boning a street and
ending up halfway up someones driveway...  Scared the shit out of
me...  I didn't lay it down, or hit anything, but I attribute that
more to luck than anything...

I believe Ben Harder has an EX500.  Try him for some first hand
experience with that particular bike...

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S
86
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt ** For Sale **