WOT: Motorcycle version of Scirocco...

> Boom...sorry, the more the cyls the more complication, maintainance and
> reduced reliability in my eyes.  My first bike was a CB400F Super
> Sport...from 1976.  400 cc, 4 cyls, revved to 11,000 RPM.  *4* carbs that
> I could never keep in sync, and if it would sit for more than a week the
> damn carbs would clog.

Don't let the maintenance issues of a 1970's bike scare you from a more
modern 4-cylinder.
 I've put over 100,000 miles on my '83 and it has been more reliable than
any single- or two-cylinder bike I'd ever owned.  For decades, I stuck with
singles and twins because I feared the maintenance issues from a 4-cylinder
bike.  Big mistake.

  You don't want a 250 or even a 500.  Get a tiddler and you'll be ready for
a "real" bike all too soon.

Larry
sandiego16v