(lights) Why you should help out your friends.

Okay, so you are probably real tired of hearing about Cathy and Daun and
Gino. Tough.

Anyway, yesterday I remembered that Gino had a tail light out (and I broke
his reverse light getting to it) so I pillaged two lights from the silver
Headache. So today I figured I'd better buy replacement bulbs for MY car
before I forgot about it. Now I have white cats, and the German housings
had the wrong hole cut out for our NA bulbs, so I'd modded the housing to
accept the normal bulb. So for whatever reason, it finally dawned on me
that I had a socket for the Europen position bulb, so I filled it with a
bulb, half expecting to do some wiring after the fact to get it to light
up. But it LIT!!! SO all you folks with MkII tails? You can drill out that
second hole in the back of your housing and double your tail light output
with the simple addition of a bulb. Yeah, some days I'm not too swift. But
I'd have never thought of it without Gino. And more light on a tiny car is
a very good thing.

AND, typical, Canadian Tire didn't have the match for my reverse light, and
I got one spec'd for a Jetta. So I wanted to see if there was any
difference in brightness, and looked at my reverse lights...guess what?
NEITHER lights up. So I'm gonna replace the back up switch on the tranny,
again, from the looks of it. Again, I'd have never noticed it. Except for
Gino. I miss him already, he was really nice to drive, even with his bad
axles. (Marc, what's the suspension in that car? It's a nice setup) He's
got some blemishes, but he's gonna turn out awesome. Good that people like
Marc and Daun will go the extra to keep him living..

cathy