Oh Julie......

On 7:31:47 am 10/15/05 "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Actually it was from part pick up at the store to the drop off at the
> store. So the drive was in there as well.
> Also actually, Its really sad that I don't need the book for many
> things any more. I can see it in my head, know what tools I need and
> the short cut tips to do it.
> (The screw driver jammed into the disk to stop the turning etc).
>
> Heres an idea for Cincy. I challange you to an axle change. Drivers
> side axle out, held over head and back in. WITH tool clean up as well.
> Any guys want to take up the challange as well? Should be a fun event!
>

> Julie Macfarlane
> "Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
> DSM4 entry: "Masochism: See Scirocco"
> 1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
> Amsterdam NY

Well, you're still faster I guess, but to the store and back? Hell Canadian
Tire and back eats up that much time for me, they are slow and a bit
distant. And they are usually confused "What did you say that was for
again?" (just pick any old VW, it'll probably be what they end up doing
anyway)

But a standardized tech procedure would be fun, they do an "engine tear
down" at the local bug show, Adam and I lost by a fraction of a second last
year, but second place wasn't so bad (still paid $$). It was fun, they have
a nice clean block to use though, so your hands stay clean. Which reminds
me, I was going to borrow someone's block for practice......for our cars, a
wire splicing contest may be more to the point....

Cathy