Pix and possible solution (was: Creative throttle linkage solutions)

In it's current configuration with the traditional cable, I do get 100% free-
range...the first time... :)  The tension introduced to the cable from the
accelerator causes the rubber grommet (?) that mounts to the ball post to angle
down toward the front bumper and the ass end gets pinned to the rain tray on
its return travel. IIRC, it still gets pretty much all its motion back, but I'm
just not interested in having my rain tray revert to its original color!  :)

Jeff