[WAY OT] SATA & PATA hard drive compatibility

oh never seen those.  I was trying it with the included adapter for my
nf7-s which was not bi-directional, but if you have to buy something to
get sata working on your board might as well get a sata pci raid card
they are chaap like 20 bucks.  I got one of these cause needed more hd's
and it works well.
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815124020>