[WAY OT] SATA & PATA hard drive compatibility

   i'm sorry for posting this here, but i know there are more that an
few people on the list that are more computer literate that i am.
   i'm looking to get a new hard drive for my computer and would like to
upgrade to SATA for future upgradability. problem is that i'm running a
board w/o RAID and only standard PATA connections (and win 98se). are
SATA drives backwards compatible so that i can run one in my system
until i upgrade it or will i have to upgrade the motherboard first? my
searches on the internet have been less than helpful. thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com