Water Temp Light

Forwarded to list for Chris:

I am sending this to Mike Smith as well as to the list in case that it
does not go through I am hoping that it can be forwarded. TIA

As you may or may not know, my 85 sat almost all summer without being
started.

I got a new starter finally and noticed that this one was relatively
larger than the other one. I am told that this may be an automatic
starter. It seems to make sense as I was worried that it may have
trouble turning over--it has always been a semi-difficult start,
before I got my ground strap issues sort-of repaired, I had maybe two
or three cranks and if didn't start I was thinking about jumping it.
(more on that later)

I am told that an automatic starter has more torque than a manual
one-- is this true? Something about the flywheel? This new starter
seems to push the engine over VERY easily. I know that the PO of the
88 donor car did some work to the head but I don't know to what
extent. I always kind of assumed that maybe something was either off
with the compression or timing and that was why it was rather labored
(in the past) turning over.

I was told by BAP GEON that as long as it fits and it does the job,
being larger, more torque whatever will not hurt the engine. I hope
this is true.

ONE TO LARGER MORE PRESSING PROBLEMS.

My water temp warning light is blinking rapidly. Keep in mind that
this engine SAT for 4 months or so. The water temp is in the normal
range and the connection to the resevoir appears to be fine. I
haven't put a meter on it yet but before I start doing that I am
wondering if there is anything else that would cause this? I drove it
for a few miles and the water temp was normal the engine was not
excessively hot nor did it make any funny noises.

Any ideas? The insulation on the sensor for the resevoir is cracked a
little not sure how far back but some of the cracks are close to the
"boot". I took a closer look and there appears to be copper
throughout, I didn't see any obvious breaks in the strands.

Thanks
Chris.

--
My new mantra: