no a/c setup q?

Scott,
If you are getting rid of the A/C and the Power steering you can get a new
bracket for pretty cheap. I paid $300 for the Non A/C and Power Steering
bracket from a dealer for mine but I wanted to keep the PS. You can make
your own from an existing bracket and just ignore the PS part of it.
Basically you have to cut and grind away the part the Alternator usually
bolts to and bolts it where the A/C did. They are the same spacing and
offset.
 Here are some pictures of different brackets including a homemade one.
http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Don_Walter/AC%20Removal/