no a/c setup q?

I actually started to do something with my 16v.  First time I've worked on
it in 2 years.

I'm getting rid of a/c in the beast, and am curious as to what I need as
far as setting the alt. up.  I'm also ridding it of power steering.

As a side note, the work I'm doing on her is somewhat of a small
restoration.  I'll be yanking the motor/trans to clean them up, redo the
belt system, and do a couple of gaskets like the oil pan, valve cover and
the like.  I'll be replacing the cv's, wheel bearings, and the brakes too.

I do have another question though about cams.  How can I pull just the
intake cam?  I'm going to swap in an exhaust cam for the intake.  :D

Scott Rose
88 red 16v
Import R  "solid shift" linkages for VW A1 chassis
http://home.mindspring.com/~slash2/LINKAGE1.JPG