[SOT] Testing Speakers

Hi all,

	While this is not Scirocco specific, it's about car audio, so it
applies.

	I recently inherited an older amp and external crossover.  I decided
to hook them up in one of my non-Scirocco beaters.  Everything sounds good,
but I'm not getting any sound out of the left front speaker.  The speaker
was working before I installed the amp and x-over.  The amp and x-over were
working in a car just prior to my getting them (so I'm told).  I've visually
checked all the connection points and they're good.  So if I use a
multimeter to check the connection points (e.g. out from receiver, into
x-over, out of x-over, into amp, out of amp, and into speaker) to see where
I'm losing signal, what would I measure?  Voltage?  Continuity?  I've got a
multimeter, just not enough smarts on how to use it in this case.  Any help
would be appreciated.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v