Mini Tech day - Thx to Mr Wong

Well,

Thanks indeed to one Mr Dick Wong, he of the Drake
powered 78 Champagne Edition Rocco-mobile.

Instead of dragging the Rusty Rabbit to Treasure
island we spent some 'quality time' withthe bugger in
my drive way tuning the idle and fuel/air ratio- by
Ear!

- Have a timing light?
- Yep, can't find it though.
- OK, got a Bentley?
- Yep, and a Haynes, and a Poor Richards, but I can
only find the latter, and of course my Bently is only
half a Bentley, the second half (electrical and on...)
- Well, Hmmm. OK then.

Undaunted by my lack of support matials we dug into
the vacuum hoses and discovered a likley leak and a
non-functioning Retard portion of the Distributor, as
well as poor routing choices.

Oh, and we set the points agin to, "Points you say?"
Yep, lots of room for upgrades here.

At the end of the day our intrepid Hero drove
(litteraly) off into the Sunset and I was left to
driving the beezeebus out of the Poor Rabbit, at least
around the neighborhood.  8])

Better Idle, less overheating (as related by the much
later turning on of the coolant fan), and a mucho
responsive gas pedal off the line (not in terms of
racing, but on the initial, low end of pedal travel).

MPG yet to be determined but this massaging, along
with the laeking fuel accumulator I replaced should
get it back up in the High Twenties again.

Oh, and did I mention this was an Automatic?

TBerk
I luv You, Maaaan...

http://mail.yahoo.com