OT: relocation woes

I feel almost silly for posting this...  but should my relocation/job
decision be based partially on my right to bear arms?  The two
locations I am wrestling with both have banned AR-15's.  GRR  I don't
think I could stomach living somewhere that curtails my rights.  I
really need to get off my ass and join the NRA.

I mean I have three sometimes four hobbies that keep me happy.
VW's, Computers, Guns, and occasionally my gas R/C cars.

In NYC I can pretty much rule 2 of them out.  Can't have my weapons,
and I may be able to take one car--for tax purposes (long story) it
would have to be the R32.

If I live outside of San Fran, I can have the VW's but not the guns again.

Obviously the Ar-15 isn't for home defense, I have other less daedly
firearms for that, but I DO enjoy target shooting with it.  Not that I
don't have an emergency mag of jacketed hollowpoints, If I empty
nearly 40 rds of .40 cal ammo and someone's still in my house, then I
am grabbing the AR.

I am hoping like hell that the company offers me PA or something like
that.  I am seeing huge disadvantages to both NYC and SF.  No offense
to those who live there.  I have lived in the Bay Area before, and
that's where I was leaning, or at least commuting with NYC--probably
over in Jersey.

It breaks down kinda like this.
SF                                      NYC
-no AR                                -no AR
+nice pay                            +nice pay
+houses (+parking)              -Parking living in the city
-family too far away              +-closer to home
+travel weekly                      -never travel
+drive my car                       +-subway

If you count the +- as 0, and count the positives and negatives on the
assumption that I am living IN NYC, SF is marginally better.for me.
The company is based in PA, so I am hoping that they consider me for
the home office so to speak.  PA is fairly central to our families,
mine in Ohio/NC and hers in VA/NJ, they are fairly gun friendly from
what I can tell, even if not I can store in Ohio, and I still get all
of the pluses for SF.

I mean bottom line I am not going to pass the company up.  I mean I
get to claim all of my gas with the one car, all meals M-F, the car
itself, the (in)home office, 2nd phone line and net connection as
busines expenses with the company, that alone is worth thousands a
year, and thats all before the nice pay.

I am just attempting to influence my locality/whining about it ;)  If
they told me I was going to alaska I would be fine with that.  I'd
start the "snowed in scirocco list" and get a few engine block
heaters.  LOL

Chris

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy