Electric SC

Chris Bennett wrote:
> The problem is with our entire situation that most of us
> are very cheap.  It's much like "insurance paradox"
> associated with these cars. Nice cars, fast cars, the
> insurance company must love to hear Scirocco.  They get
> to gouge us for having a quick car but they don't have to
> pay much out if one gets wrecked.  I think that when a
> scirocco owner can finally afford to fix all the misc
> stuff on his car or improve it to perform where he thinks
> it should be two things happen.

Ummm, I'll agree that insurance companies pay out next to nothing for our 17
to 30 year old cars but I don't think we pay much at all. Most folks in
Philadelphia pay $3,000 to $6,000 per vehicle to insure a car and I only pay
$499/year to insure my Scirocco with liability, fire, and theft but not
collision. It is registered in the suburbs and I do have a fairly clean
insurance record (believe it or not!) other then that $24,000 claim I made
in September 2004.

For comparison, my former 2002 M-B C230 with collision insurance was only
~$515/year to insure. This is because as my insurance agent said "It is
nearly impossible to get hurt in the Mercedes, get in an accident in the VW
and you will almost certainly get hurt." The extra ~$17/year for collision
is a bargain.

Overall I have no complaints about insuring my Scirocco. Claims may be rough
but prices are nothing!

-Marc