mu new rocco & header question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Boeye" <rocco_phil@yahoo.com>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

> Now my question on headers.  Since this rocco is a
> 'play-only' rocco and not meant to be a daily driver,
> I have been giving some consideration to a tri-y
> header.  Yeah, I know they have structural weakness
> compared to a dual mani + dual downpipe.  Nonetheless,
> I have no probs with it having a limited life.
>
> What I'd like to hear are the pros/cons of the
> headers, what the top quality makes are, and if they
> are available for a cat setup.  Here is a guy selling
> a ceramic-coated SS header for $250 unused, but it is
> for a non-cat setup.  Which wouldn't work here in VA.
>
> http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/gooddane66/SS_header.png

I have a good friend locally that had a tri-y header on a Rabbit that he
beat mercilessly.  He too had the 2.0.JH combo, and it served him well for 5
plus years, no brakes or problems.  His too had the swivel, so perhaps that
is the key?

I say go for it...

David

PS-- That is a -really- good price, esp if that is inside and out.  It
should last really well if it does not flake off...