Brake lights staying on

Hi Cathy.
Thanks for your reply.
I was most surprised not to have the pedal switch,  I think my car
must have been an early 81 to have the MC switches and wiring.
There seems no evidence of any connectors at the pedals.

I'm thinking that maybe I wouldn't bother with the warning switch
replacement seeing as the dash light never did work.
I noticed though that the switch had a bit of green corrosion on
the contacts, which could certainly make a hot spot.
Interestingly, my son indicated that lately there was occasional
noise coming thru on the radio which seems to have stopped now
that we unplugged that MC front switch.

Cheers
Ed

ps we still have to get together re: those 6 stickers
     Maybe you can make it to my clutch changing party once the car is
     off the road.

As Julie said, they are in parallel, so if either is plugged in you
should
still have brake lights. Mine started to act oddly, the in-dash brake
light
was on periodically, then it'd light up when I hit the brakes, then I
had a
little fire at the MC. :)
So I'd start plotting a strategy to weld a bracket onto the cluster for
normal brake switch, or to swap in a later pedal cluster if I were
you.

> > What I don't really understand is how these switches are wired and
> > are supposed to work.
> > When I look at the manual it appears that there should be 3
> > circuites coming out of each switch?

I'd just assume the MC switch bits are near death, and plot to replace
them. Mine's not the only fire I've heard of there.