Misc 2L questions

--- Patrick Bureau <patrick.bureau@gmail.com> wrote:
> The 3a/jh combo runs CIS-E (16v rocco) normally (due
> to knocking)

> Behalf Of Rick Kellner
> Phil, what are you running for fuel injection?  I am
> guessing that it
> is not CIS-E which I believe the Autotech (and TT)
> module is designed
> for.
> Correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, this is CIS (84.5).  Interestingly, there is no
knock sensor on the car.  Instead, he has installed a
Jacobs ignition and running premium fuel this thing
absolutely never has pre-ignition.  It is incredible.
I will also note that going up and down for 5 hours
over the Appalachians, I rated 28 mpg.  I thought that
was damn good, too, for that engine combo.

I have to admit, it delivers every bit of happiness at
the stoplights that I wanted.  It is a fat little
motor, that is for sure.  Check this - a fairly new 3A
(22K), a Eurospec head w/ 272 cam (sounds great, idle
is nice), a match-ported intake, and a Neuspeed TB
with that Jacobs ignition.  Soon I'll be adding a 2H
tranny modded with 100mm drive flanges (essentially a
4K tranny).  So you know I will be digging it out at
the lights.  hehe

Thanks for everyone's answers - much appreciated.

-RP
'87 stock 8v beater
'84.5 2L 8v + 2H

"..slave to the disease..."