Misc 2L questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Boeye" <rocco_phil@yahoo.com>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 9:42 PM
Subject: Misc 2L questions

> So this new rocco I picked up has a 2L bubble block
> (3A) w/ Eurospec solid lifter head (272 cam).  Nice
> power.
>
> I have a few questions, though.
>
> 1) Would an Autotech power module be of any benefit or
> would it be overkill?  Somehow I think overkill, but
> just asking.
>
> 2) This block has the OEM BIG oil pump in it and is
> driving the oil pressure waaaay high.  I was told it
> might be best to back off and get a regular 1.8L oil
> pump since it is a solid lifter head.  Can I get
> comments on that?  I am concerned about the head seals
> and so forth at this point.  It maxes out the oil
> pressure gauge at 5bar at about 4K rpm.
>

> -RP
> '87 stock 8v beater
> '84.5 2L 8v + 2H
>
> "..slave to the disease..."

I agre, I think the power moduel would be overkill.

And on the hyd. pump with the mechanical head.  Take it out and go stock.
My montor thought that too much oil being pumped around could only be a good
thing, not true.  1) The oil stays up in the head, not at the pickup which
then causes 2) extensive foaming, especially if you have a close-ratio
tranny and like to fart-around on the highway.  My oil temp as also
stupid-high, like 120*.  I replaced it with the stock unit, and found that
it was much more liveable, and the oil did not foam nearly as much.

Long-story=short, the hydro oil pump best serves the hydro head.  IIRC, TT
also corroborates this somewheres...

David