The annoying bent drive belt cover (not timing belt cover)

So the metal drive belt cover, which bolts to the
engine behind the drivebelts and sprockets, is bent
outwards at the front and making contact with the
intermediate sprocket.

And there is no hammerhead bolt installed in the front
section near the waterpump.

You just know that sucks.

I am looking for some kind of cheapass fix so I do not
have to remove the crank and intermediate sprockets
outside in December (although you better believe those
bolts were coated in anti-seize when I did my front
main seal).  Nonetheless...

If there was some way to get that thing somewhat flush
against the engine, I would rejoice happily.  I keep
scratching my head but just can't figure a way around
it.  The only fasteners attaching the timing belt
cover to the drive belt cover are the recessed bolt,
the one just left of that bolt, and the flanged bolt
w/ nut at the top.  The hammerhead towards the front,
as I mentioned, it missing.  Which stinks because it
is the only fastener for that half of the drive belt cover.

-RP
'87 stock 8v beater
'84.5 2L 8v + 2H

"..slave to the disease..."