exhaust gas analyzers

They do run off the car battery...   It would take a little finagling, but yes you could...  The sniffer inlet he had welded to a pair of vicegrips which kept it in the exhuast pipe, so you will have to route a hose to inside the cabin as well as a pos. and neg for its' power, that is it...

David

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Don Walter
  To: David Utley
  Cc: Phil Boeye ; Scirocco List
  Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:24 PM
  Subject: Re: exhaust gas analyzers

  Can you use them while you are driving.  I would like to program the entire spectrum of RPM's and load. HeHe

  On 11/20/05, David Utley <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:
    Gunsons' make a good and inexpensive 02 tester, my mechanic friend has used
    one for years.  It only tests your C02 level, but for setting mixture that
    is all you need (I realize you both would like more than just that).

    They make several lo-buck tools that work fine.  No recommendation of where
    to find them online at all...

    HTH

    David