O2 stuff from the archives

On Wednesday, *September 30, 1998* 8:15 PM, Shawn C Meze
[SMTP:skerocdriver@juno.com] wrote:

 > On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:12:35 -0700 Salvatore Guzzo <yu129742@yorku.ca>
 > writes:
 > >What does this unit (O2 sensor) do for me anyways...
 >

 > Replace it if you dont know how old your's is. Its the key to the
 > universe! Well, not exactly, its what controls the fuel system and you
 > need it for the fuel system to work properly.

...or bridge the thermo-time switch terminals.  It will bypass the ox
sensor, thus giving you:

1- perfect idle
2- more power
3- more polution / worse gas economy (but not substantial)

Frank

If I decide to do this, temporarily, where is the thermo-time switch on
a 16v?  I haven't had any under-hood time since I got the car, and I
need to get it running better if'n I have to take the wife to the
hospital next week if they decide to induce her.
Nate