Timing light?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Forbess" <gforbess@attglobal.net>
To: "Mtl-Marc" <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: Timing light?

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:29:20 -0500, "Mtl-Marc"
<marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>He was using a vacuum meter for seting the timing. He peaked the vacuum by
>advancing the distributor, the backed it out to lower the vacuum by 1" of
>vacuum. Voil?.

Sounds like aircooled procedure.  I have a vacuum gauge that cross
references to ignition timing, but I would trust a timing light over a
vacuum reading to set timing, however.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9

It seems to me that if the dist. is worn or lazy, that you will not get all
the power that you could out of the motor.  Does anyone else agree?

David