1981 Scirocco backup light switch - 4 posts?

Must be a later trans axle. My 81 has 2 pins and the 85 has the 4.
I beluieve that 2 lines are for the shift light. When in any other gear but
5th sort of thing...

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
DSM4 entry: "Masochism: See Scirocco"