1981 Scirocco backup light switch - 4 posts?

Thanks to all who replied.
I found the switch last night and pulled off the two wires, taping up
the
hot lead.   This at least will save the battery as the previous owner
seems
to have it wired up to the battery circuit rather than the ignition
circuit.

The switch has 4 posts on it and I only 2 wires going to mine, using
the
2 posts towards the front of the car.

What would the other 2 posts be used for?

Thanks
Ed '81S

>>> Roger concha <rogercv1@gmail.com> 2005-11-16 3:20 PM >>>

yes switch is located on the top of the transmission