exhaust rattle

> If you can get the exhaust to bang somewhere by shaking/pulling on it,
> there's an excellent chance you'll be able to adjust it to clear better.
> If
> you absolutely have to put it in reverse to get it to hit, you should
> check
> the condition of your mounts.

Thanks, Jim. My condition is pretty much this last one you describe. I'm not
able to make it rattle myself, and it only rattles in reverse. It doesn't
need much power, just barely enough gas so that it doesn't stall will do it
and in fact, it's only this initial force that makes it rattle. If I were to
reverse down my street it would only rattle when I first started going, once
I am off the clutch and moving at a steady speed it stops. It seems to have
good clearance of the trailing arm and fuel tank and everything. It's the
fact that it only rattles initially that makes me think it might be engine
mounts letting things move around a little too much. So, after having left
out this possibly important detail from my original post, does this change
the advice at all?

Thanks again,

matt.