Battery cable ruled out

Well, now I know it is not the ground issue in regards
to my no-start.  I found the bolt for the tranny mount
and attached the end of the neg cable.  No start.  Did
Cathy's suggestion of using my jumper cable so
connected negative terminal straight to one of the
head cover nuts.  No start.

So, I dunno.  When I get a chance next week, I'll have
to see if the flywheel mark is lining up at #1 TDC.  I
suspect it is.

Of course, the final insult was that I had to empty
the coolant system again as I had filled it up with
water and flush agent before making sure that damn
Scirocco started up.  This just hasn't been a smooth
operation at all.  Thinking has been ass backwards
throughout.

-RP
'87 stock 8v beater = "The Faithful One"
'84.5 2L 8v + 2H = "Baby Fatass"

"..slave to the disease..."

http://mail.yahoo.com