Coupla questions(shifter/alternator)

On 11/14/05, David Utley <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> >From VW, that bushing is only available with the bracket.  Apparently the A2
> kit has a bushing that is nearly the same size, but you have to drill out
> the rivets and nut and bolt it after the fact.  Seems like Roger from the
> pickup list mentioned this on Vortex somewheres.  IIRC, it is slightly
> larger, so it will allow a little slop...

I replaced the bushing in mine from a kit I bought at Waterfest a few
years ago (had to drill out the rivets, and chose to re-rivet it
rather than bolts).  Made everything nice and tight...  Just how I
like....  ahh nevermind...  :)

Roger Brown makes an A1 upgrade Delrin replacement bushing, as found here:

<http://www.4crawler.com/Diesel/ForSale/ShiftLinkage.shtml#A1ShiftRodBearing>

HTH,

Mark.
75