Fuel pump jizzle

So my fuel pump works well until I drive about 15 minutes, and stop the
car. On restart, it'll go until the car idles for a while, and then gets
increasingly noisier, sort of a wizzle sound, you know, like a wasp in a
tube. Then the car dies, and will restart and run, sometimes sputtering a
bit, sometimes not. Let's pretend it's the 16V (It's really the Cabby, but
it has two pumps at any rate). Diagnostic tips are appreciated. I know the
car is now charging well, and I also know the fuel filter is really old, so
it's going tomorrow. ANd I felt the relay, it's not overly hot. But I'm
sick and have to eETsest this thing soon, not to mention the ever improving
weather conditions here in the southern GWN.

Diagnostic tips appreciated, I looked over the Bentley, and will do some
huffing tomorrow. This car is as Scirocco as it gets.

Cathy