My new goal...

..is to fail the ETest. I took the Cabby tonight, (which is really just an
overweight topless Scirocco) and didn't fail. Didn't pass either. Nope,
I've descended to an all time new low. It died on the rollers. Yep, flat
out refused to run. Ran fine all the way there, ran fine all the way home.
But refused to dyno for the test. Of course, I've got a cold and feel as
crappy as the November weather here, but am I daunted? Hell no, I forge on.

On the advice of my alternator rebuild guy, I ignore the Bentley (gasp) and
change out the voltage regulator. And what do I see? That most wonderful of
numbers. 14.17. As in Volts. Thank goodness. Now here's a question. The
brushes were plenty long, but, the (I think it's a diode) was totally
absent. What is the effect of that? Curious minds, you know. I'll ask my
man Peter tomorrow.

So next thing you'll hear about will be "why the wipers don't work", "shift
linkage rebuilding tales", and "HVAC for dummies". It'll roll again on
Saturday, wish me luck. I just love my birthday. Almost as much as the
Cabby. On the plus side, I'll be driving an A1 to work tomorrow.

Cathy