Battery won't hold a charge...

Like the topic sez... I charged it, took it off the charger and came
back to it a day later and it was dead as a doornail.

No the dome isn't on.

Screw it the bastard can rot this weekend.  I am going on a road trip.
 Alone--I might add since I really angered the estrogen based life
form of my house by purchasing another laptop.  I am going to start
listing them like cars in my signature.

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy
87 Scirocco 16v Tornado Red

'00 Toshiba Satellite 2805-S402 (the wife's)
'03 Compaq Presario 2585us (for sale)
'04 Toshiba Satellite P25-S676 (the surfboard)
'05 Toshiba Libretto U105 (the more reasonable TRAVEL laptop)

Those are just the viable ones.  I have MORE... Satellite 4200, 4400c,
libretto 110ct, Dell something or another...