8v to 16v conversion how much work?

I switched mine in 4 days. The motor and transaxle are a drop in but you
need to add the Knock sensor wiring as well. I swapped my 81 MKI wiring for
that of an 88 Rocc. You better be good at reading schematics and soldering
:)

Either the CIS or CISE will work for the fuel.
Injectors and lines need to be changed.

As for the parts? They are a LOT more expencive, especially the valves which
crunch on the pistons when the timing belt slips or the crank shaft bolt
slips (As how I know  :)

The power is better in the 1.8L 16v, even better and broader in the 2L 16v.

Sit down, add all the parts up that you think you need. The double the
price. No kidding.

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
DSM4 entry: "Masochism: See Scirocco"