green transmission plug

The Green Cap should have a clear/white plastic plug that insert into the
center. Removing the center plug allows you to see the timing marks on your
flywheel. Many mechanics and others remove the complete green cap to provide
better viewing of the timing marks. It only serves to keep dirt and other
foreign objects out of the bell housing area where the clutch and flywheel
are spinning.