Here's one for ya

Okay, so this is on the Cabby, but it still applies. So I'm into the "check
the wires" aspect of life, and the (garage) power goes out for 3 hours. So
I entertain myself with other things that happen to be in natural light
(the 16V, changed out the much hated amber shft light lens for a blue one,
they make other colours, who woulda thunk, and of course that required an
upgrade on the cheesy panel that was mounted in...) Anyway, power finally
comes on after I've done all the "upper layers" of wiring cleanup I can
manage, and....on to the starter wiring...and guess what? I find the blue
exciter wire happily attached to the starter. Good old Canadian Tire did
that one, ingoring the pefectly good "dangling blue wire with connector
that matches" (when they were supposed to be removing this bolt I'm so
angry with) but how the hell did the little car run at all? Hopefully that
will solve the problem, the question remaining is where is the correct
wire? I see no signs of it...but I'll get that sorted out. I sure hope
that's the problem.
Oh and yeah, I'm an idiot, I wait two weeks for this stupid rivnut
bug/skidplate) and promptly install it in the wrong hole in the frame.
Sigh. No winning here.
Back out...

cathy