I f'n hate Bit Torrent... >:(

Nothing.  Bitorrent works by taking little pieces of a file off of lots
(or few, depending on who's got it and who's online) of peoples
individual machines and putting them on your machine, and then you
become a source as well (you begin to upload to other people).  Your
download rates are based on who is on at any given time with that file.
  1 person is on, you're getting 100% from that person, so it'll be
slow. If 100 people are on, you're getting 1% from EACH person, and
it'll go much quicker.  Just like Bearshare, the more sources, the
faster it will go.  That's why source people need to leave their
machines on all the time, so more people have access to it.  And if you
download the file, and close the program (taking yourself off the web of
shares), it is a very selfish and naughty thing to do.
Nate
Currently at .7% after 53 minutes.