A 3rd manual (and project) or cd?

On 10:48:48 pm 11/01/05 Blake Irvin <blake@clockserver.homeip.net> wrote:
> rip out every page of a new one and scan with some kind of OCR/PDF
> plugin - then post it for the list!
>
> blake/
>

> On Nov 1, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Phil Boeye wrote:
>
> >  I've got two beat up Bentleys.  What I'd like to do is
> >  have a nice manual available inside for when I am
> >  laying around researching things or confusing myself
> >  with electric diagrams.  Something that doesn't ooze
> >  grease and grime onto the sofa.
> >
> >  So, do I do the Bentley CD (which I've heard some
> >  negatives about), or do I get a pristine manual and
> >  then proceed to laminate it?  Can you imagine - a
> >  laminated Bentley?  Don't dare me, I tell you.
> >  Just... don't.

If you have a dedicated "indoor" copy, it'll stay decent looking, provided
you also have a grunge version in the garage. I've also started to photcopy
the "frequent flyer" pages, (or pages destined for grimy jobs, like the
shift linkage, clutch, etc.) and in some cases,  I've stuffed a spare copy
into the glovebox (eg, a shrunken version of the MkI's wiring diagram). I
like the book versions, but I'm a dinosaur.

Cathy