4x6 to 6.5 adapter?

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 08:18:19PM -0400, Jim Ruffi wrote:
> Just fired up my new Kenwood receiver I bought for the drive out to
> Cincy...looks/works great so far, with an AUX input for my MP3 player, which
> is sweet.
>
> I'd LOVE to put 6.5" speakers in (under) the 4x6 rear side parcel area in my
> car but, to my knowledge, there has never been an adapter.  Has anyone ever
> tried this?  I want to do this without any cutting, so I'm talking about an
> adapter.  TIA

6.5" speaks fit fine, no metal cutting needed at all.  I've had them
in mine for years. All you need are  some 1"  risers, like these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eIF7QLNvgEP/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=103200&I=003SG600DX

Dan

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
(HHGTG)