air box / dist stuff

Okay, sorry to be a bother, but, this car is making me totally and
completely insane.

So I have misinterpreted the location of the air leak around the fuel
distributor, after replacing the o ring under the distributor itself, I
discover that it's actually the gasket below that that is leaking. Which
I'd actually been prewarned that it may do, as it was a grafted bit.
(between the metal and the plastic parts of the upper airbox.) Anyway, is
this going to make any difference to the way the car runs at all?
(shouldn't, right?)Spraying quick start at it depresses the idle, but is
that just because the car is breathing in Quick Start? And the capper is
that I put my garage door off the track getting into the garage, so I can't
even take the cars out till I get that fixed.

Yeah, I'm not a happy camper today, but what else is new, eh?

Cathy