Rear Brakes Locking up first

Greg, I've owned nothing but Sciroccos (well, except for my CQ) for
the last 15 years (and MANY of them at that - both Mk1 and Mk2, almost
all years), and not-a-one has had the load proportional braking
system...

Well, if I am wrong I am wrong, but sooooo many of the VWs and other
vehicles I have owned have had this, and this is the exact symptom of that
characteristic, it makes me think that is what it is.  This weekend one of
my friends with a Golf had the same thing happen for the very same reason.

Maybe it is a symptom of owning too many of all different kinds of VWs - the
details get hazy.

gd