What STEAMS me about Vortex... Sorry... Rant

I quite posting there after the Jetta/Golf people got mad at me and locked
the forum after I mentioned that I have had my '85 Scirocco over 143mph
after I did my 16v swap. They were posting PICTURES at 115, and 120, which
makes you wonder who is the more irresponsible one?
 I mean either
a) these guys were taking their eyes off the road and maybe both hands to
take a picture at that speed or
b) they endangered someone else's life who took the pic from the back or the
passenger seat.
 I did it once in Montana to see what my car would do. I was alone and no
cars for miles. My 8v speedo stopped at 120 so I timed mile markers. If I
screwed up it was just me that was going to die. I mentioned I did this, and
I got kicked out.
 I don't do this kind of thing regularly and I have never had an accident
that was my fault... I have ZERO speeding tickets on my record (note the
distinction) but I am the irresponsible one promoting irresponsible
behavior. Go figure. I think the moderator was just pissed off that my top
end was higher. LOL
 I really have a thing against authority and more so against the "thought
police".
 I know that I was taking a risk (and I ended up melting the rear wheel
bearings too) I am a first responder in the Navy. I am trained to fight
fires and deal with trauma and death. I stop for every accident I see and I
have saved a few peoples lives... I know that speed kills. I know that I
would have most definately died if I lost it at 143mph, but I chose to
accept that risk. If some jackass on a Jetta forum wants to lecture and then
ban me for something I did years ago, and I would never do now (as I have
more to lose or live for--take your pick) then so be it. I don't need 'em.
 Sorry about the rant.
Chris