Could a badly placed clutch....

> From: Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2005/05/16 Mon PM 03:02:04 EDT
> To: Scirocco-L <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Could a badly placed clutch....
>
> Could a badly placed clutch cause damage to the engine? mainly a rod, cranck shaft bearing?
>
> Reason I ask is cause my GFs' mustang has reacebtly gone into the shop for what I suspected was a bad ajusted clutch. The thing is that last mont or so they told her that she needed a clutch the dealer replaced it and also did an oil change. Once the car came home the clutch felt weird and would shudder at engament on a steep grade or even on sligth ones.
>
> A noise started to develope whre a tapping,knoking or clacking was getting louder in the engine.....But I know nothing of those fords and here I am asking people with better know how about cars....
>
> The car is a 96 V6 with only 70K, regulary mantained, oil changes on the mark and driven with discresion.
>

> Thank you,
> el Tony

I don't think it is impossible, but I do not think it is likely.  However, each design has its' strengths as well as its' weaknesses, perhaps this is this designs' weakness...  Ultimately, I think you would be better served to ask folks with experience with that engine...  IIRC, there is a Mustang Forum.  That might be the best way to find out, without tearing it down of course...

HTH

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car