Passat 2.0 liter questions

> Allyn wrote:
> > if you want more bottom end, by all means use the 2.0 head, but realize
> > it flows less up top.
> > using a 1.8 head basically gives you some free porting.
> > if you plan to port/polish down the road, starting with a 1.8 head makes
> > it easier as you have much less material to remove.
> > hth
> > Al

Having recently finished a 16V Porting job, no.  You will have less to
remove on the intake, but a lot more on the exhaust - it all evens out,
doesn't really matter what you start with.

> Let me add to the fire: which head is better: a crossflow (ABA) or a 16V?

What, are you serious?  8V vs. 16V?  No contest.  The VW 16V head isn't that
good, but still way better than an 8V.

gd