Fuel Distributor Rebuilding...

On 5/11/05, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Well, it appears I have an air leak at the gasket between the fuel
> distributor and the housing of the air flow sensor, which there is
> supposedly a rebuild kit for. Where do you get the kit, and is this one of
> those "Where angels fear to tread" zones, or is it reasonable for me to
> attempt it? This appears to be the source of Klaus' bad behavior, as
> everything else appears to be perfection, (yeah, that'll last about three
> seconds)

You can blame me for this one Cathy.  I built you that conflaburation
out of the 1.8 fuel dizzy from my Jetta (1.8 but straight CIS) and the
airflow plate I think was from Carrots.  Either way I figured the
O-ring looked OK, it was still supple anyways.

You can order a new o-ring, p/n 049 133 485 A, and you should be able
to lift the dizzy if you're careful without disconnecting the fuel
lines.  There's a retainer clip on the plunger, so it can't fall out.

> So this may be on my "pre Cincy to-do list..."

Damn well better be on your "pre going to bed tonight to-do list..."
I'll be calling for updates... :)

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd