15 min and dies update

Maybe, try to run it with the cap off and see if the symtpoms return.
John
----- Original Message -----
From: "matt" <matt@safearmy.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:49 PM
Subject: 15 min and dies update

> Ok, I think I may have fixed my problem of  my car running for about 15
minutes and the sputtering and dying. I went to fill my  tank today to see
if it would run better with a full tank. well it turns out i didn't have the
sending unit tight and gas leaked everywhere. I noticed when I swapped
transfer pumps that the gasket underneath was missing. anyway I sealed the
sending unit down with the gasket and started the car. well something
seemed different right away. Idle wasn't as high. about 1100 instead of
1700. The car ran for about a 30 minuites and I drove around a little. Is it
possible that I had a vaccum leak at the gas tank and when it got hot and
expanded it caused the car to die? Make any sense? Fingers crossed