8V questions , and stickers...

One simple but deceptive item that came to mind as I read this is whether
your cat is plugged. When I had a shop years ago, we had one rabbit that
would start but not rev up, that eventually got worse to the point that it
would fire and then die. We checked everything. It wasn't until we had a
plug out one time while cranking the engine and it started to run and use
the open plug hole as its exhaust that we knew what was going on. The cat
element had crumbled and plugged the outlet end of itself. Otherwise the
basics would include: cam timing, ignition timing and advance (vac and
mechanical), fuel pressures (system pressure and control pressure),
injector spray pattern, compression, intake boot leaks, coil output (which
you can really only check by plugging in a known good coil), etc.

Good hunting,
Cris