Gas Tank Replacement

The kids are back from school, I am back from the UK so it was time to
put the 87 16v back on the road.  I charged up the battery and after
only a few cranks it fired up.  After everything checked out and seemed
to be working properly the next order of business was to fill up the
tank and dilute the old fuel and the 'Stabil'.  Everything was operating
perfectly so I parked the car to move on to my next chore.  When I got
out of the car I immediately smelled gas!  The infamous tank leak has
finally caught up with me.  I siphoned half the gas out of the tank to
stop the dripping.

Now, here are my questions.  I may want to replace the items associated
with fuel delivery that are not part of the recall however; may be on
their way out.  So I am looking for suggestions.  One of the fuel pumps,
either the transfer pump or the main pump, has an occasional growling
noise when the level is below half. Is this due to the fact that
pressure cannot be built up in the tank or is it failing?  Would the
steel fuel lines be the next items to consider?  Was there a reasonable
priced source for these lines?
Thanks in advance for the suggestions, Rick K