What's the procedure for title transfer in CA?

On 5/4/05, Jeff Toomasson <area53@validpath.com> wrote:
> The Release of Liability form is to protect the seller. It tells the DMV
> that you're no longer owning the car in case it's used for some illegal
> activity or something..
>
> I'd say check with the shipping company and whether they need the pink
> slip to allow them to ship it. Otherwise, I'd FedEx it.
>
> BTW - the form can be obtained from the DMV's website.
>
> http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg138.htm

Thanks Marc and Jeff!  That's exactly the info I needed...

BTW, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap shipping
company?  The cheapest quote I've found so far is $995 U.S. from
Glendale, CA to Ohio (for an inoperable vehicle).

Thanks!

Mark.
75
75 in CA